- The business has completed a series of successful new deals and exits over previous funds.
- This announcement follows hot on the heels of the final closing of MML Ireland Growth Capital II, which also broke through the target raise.
- Under the stewardship of co-CEOs, Bal Johal and Ian Wallis, the business is set for further expansion.
MML Fund VII (the “Fund”) is MML’s largest vehicle to date. The firm will continue with its strategy of backing owner-managers in European and US mid-market businesses to assist with growth and international ambitions.
- MML Fund VII has already made seven new platform investments, including StoneTurn (US), Western Global (UK) and GDI (France).
- The Fund received commitments from circa 35 investors, both from MML’s existing investor base and new LPs. These included a range of institutional investors, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies and family offices across the globe.
Bal Johal, co-CEO at MML Capital, said:
“We are very excited about continuing the expansion of MML’s “tailored investments” strategy, which has proven to be resilient through the cycles. We have assembled a fabulous, growing team to work with ambitious business owners. MML addresses a clear need for a mid-market fund which can offer friendly, bespoke partnership capital on an international level. Fund VII is off to a fantastic start, with very strong early deployment.”
Speaking to Real Deals, Bal Johal added:
“We are fortunate to have a great list of blue-chip investors who have followed us from fund to fund and are now part of the fabric of the MML business. Equally, we have added a string of prestigious new LPs to the balance sheet, who have all been supportive through a turbulent year and have fast become friends of the firm.”